Sunday, May 11, 2014

anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none...

I have written a few posts about clothing.  The reason may seem a little odd, but hear me out.  When you have a limited amount of funds, food and shelter will always be the first choice.  That leaves things that are not "imperative" as a priority - and that includes clothing.  When people come to my clinic they always dress in their "Sunday Best" - so when I see someone come to my clinic in tattered, holey, or worn through fabric, I know that they have a severe need.  So I started my clothing closet where I provide them new or gently used clothing.  This is such a huge need, and one that I am thrilled to be able to provide.

After I wrote a number of blog posts related to this, the sweet mom of Michelle Cain (one of our team mates), Deb Hagenbuck, took the need and ran with it.  She is holding a clothing drive at her church.  She took it upon herself to put up a stand in the back of the church, and was given an opportunity to speak in front of the church to promote this ministry.  How cool is that?!  Awesome how God uses His people to advance His kingdom.

Luke 3:11 John answered, "Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same."

No comments: