Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Clothing closet

When you are very poor, your priorities become very simple....feeding your family.  "Extras" like tooth brushes, clothing, even shoes are not high on the list at all.  I have collected baby clothes for quite some time, and give them out to my pregnant mommies to have when they deliver in the hospital as they are not allowed to hold their babies until, "properly dresses."   I also have an odd assortment of adult clothes, but what I am lacking are all those sizes in between....toddlerhood through pre teen.  These kids often come in without shoes or clothing that are so tattered you can see their skin beneath the thin clothing.  A church has heard my plea, and is currently collecting clothing.  I can't wait to be able to serve the folks at my clinic in this way.  Today I had a mom come for vitamins for her three children.  You may remember about the family who lost their two year old to starvation....this is the same family.  We have been closely monitoring the children's height and weight and providing them with protein enriched rice and daily vitamins.  Today I was able to scrounge through the last of my young childrens clothes and find something for each little one.  

"And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”  Luke 3:11

Please pray for little 6 year old Eilyn
Please pray for little 6 year old Sandra
And for little 5 year old Gladis



No comments: