Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friends

People ask us all the time, "what do you miss?". The EASY answer is oh - Peanut Butter M&M's, Nutter Butters, Chevy's - you know - those comfort food kind of things. The HARD one is friends and family. Because if you say it out loud, it makes it more "real". It reminds you that yes, food is fun, but friends are different. You can't fill an empty belly with the loss you feel from friends and family. So once in awhile, we have the privilege of sharing our home with a visitor from The States.

This week we are hosting my friend Denise. A few years back I went on a medical mission trip to Egypt. We all met up in Amsterdam - for an 8 hour lay-over. What to do in Amsterdam? Well - LOTS to do. So, I met this woman for the first time in Amsterdam on our way to Egypt. This is where I knew she was a pretty cool cat! I dragged her all over looking for Geocache's. She had no clue what it was, but along with me she went. We had a blast! From that point on we knew there was just something about this friendship. We met up again for some training with our mission agency. Small world. She came to visit us in Costa Rica for a week, and now she is coming to Honduras for the week.

So for a week, my empty belly will be filled with good food and good friendship :-)

No comments: