Monday, April 12, 2010

Cooking continues

My dear friend Mindy, gave me an incredible Christmas present many years ago. It was a cookbook of her tried and true recipes, in which she printed off, enclosed in plastic page protectors, and beautifully decorated with stickers, sayings, etc. It is in a 3-ring binder with the idea to add as you go. Now, I have other cook books in which I've written down recipes (I HATE to do that), or have even tried the index-card type recipes, but oh are these cumbersome! So, instead - I find a recipe, print it out, cook it, eat it, get approvals from all around - THEN if all those things are met - I place it in a new plastic protector, and THEN it makes its place into "the cookbook". I've received recipes from friends, I've tried MANY recipes - and I'll just say it - many don't make the "cut". So, many years have come since I received this treasure, I've tried many a recipe, and I have finally come to a point where I might just have to expand to a bigger binder! I've filled it up - and GROWING! I LOVE it more than I think my friend even knows. So - don't be a hater - but I think I've got the BEST cookbook around!

"The cookbook"


The beautiful inserts Mindy gave me (beneath them are the "wanna be's", that haven't made it yet)


The creamy chicken enchilada made without enchilada sauce (can't find any in Honduras) - will see if this makes the cut!


The homemade English Muffins I just made today - these DID make the cut :-)


Update: The enchiladas DEFINITELY made the cut! Mike loves everything I cook (he's so easy to please - thank goodness) - he told me twice that he loved them, and Madison told me that I have to make them again really soon! :-)

2 comments:

Nancy Wall said...

Erin, I am sure Lindsey has told you of my recipe blog, Necyskitchen@wordpress.com. I feel the same way about it and went through the same try it before it makes the book system. Please go there and try some of my recipes.

Nancy Wall said...

Erin, I am sure Lindsey has told you of my recipe blog, Necyskitchen@wordpress.com. I feel the same way about it and went through the same try it before it makes the book system. Please go there and try some of my recipes.