Friday, December 4, 2015

Help me...

God called us to Honduras...we came alone...and unafraid...and in that time frame we planted four churches, established a permanent health clinic that is now run by an incredible Honduran physician, and an amazing Honduran nurse, saw the establishment of a Street Children Ministry, a High School, a single mom's home, a seminary, and the beginnings of a second permanent clinic.

We came to Honduras with the idea that we would be buried here.  But our work here is done...the clinic is now run by Hondurans, the High school  as well, the Street children's ministry, and the single-mom's home.  Time to move on...time to find something new.

It's scary...I won't deny it.  Are we the willing servants  who  follow God where He would lead us, or the unwilling servant?!  When I  graduated nursing school in  1995, the LAST thing in my mind was to find myself in a third-world country trying to figure out how to not get typhoid, or malaria, or yellow  fever, or ebola....  But that's where we find ourselves... in Africa. 

We spent 8 years being obedient to God.  Bringing our child to a third-world country and trying to prepare her for life...for university...for what it means to be a child of God...,.and now we find  ourselves moving into something even more remote. I am moving to  Africa...where Bot flies, malaria, typhoid, witchcraft and true third-world living is a reality!!!  What am I thinking?!

I moved to Honduras thinking that  I was moving where God  planted me.  And the truth  is  - it WAS!  But the reality was, it was where He was preparing me...to get my baby teeth wet in the realities of what it was to live outside of the U.S.  Now He has prepared me to go even  one step further.  This is like living "Disaster Relief" training as a reality...as a way of life...living in a true third-world country where spiritual  warfare is a way of living...where electricity is a blessing...where potable water is a dream...where medicine is not even a "norm", where camping is a  way of life.... 

I feel like I am living some documentary and am watching as some observer on the History Channel watches the world going by and I am the by-stander.  But the reality is...this is me...this is  reality...this is what  I will be living...God  help  me...and I  know He will.  Because He has promised me that  He will give me what I need when I need it...and that's sufficient...

I go with the knowledge  that He  has lead us here...to make a difference...to bring light to  the darkness...to bring Hope where there is  none...I pray that He  chooses to bring me along with  that and that I  can somehow...in the midst of the darkness...in the midst of the hardness...to bring a light that cannot be hidden...

No comments: