Friday, January 27, 2012

San Francisco 49ers / NY Giants Food Challenge

A week before last weekends playoff game, Mike challenged me to make a SF/NY fun meal to eat during the game. So, I had to think of what I could either purchase or make - most things you might think of you can't run down to the store to purchase.


So, the meal to represent San Francisco was sourdough rounds, scooped out the innards, and seafood chowder was put inside. Had to start the sourdough rounds a few days ahead of time as it takes quite some time. The only way I had even considered this was because about a month ago I had made my own starter, so it was waiting for me. Then the chowder - clams are all but impossible to find here - I've found some tinned clams before, but none this time - so instead I used shrimp, oysters, crab and potatoes - whipped up some chowder and put in the hot bowls...YUM!!!

The meal for New York - home made pizza! Thin crust so you had to fold it to eat it - and of course GINORMOUS size!

Those with a couple of beers...and we watched the game!

Fun times!

No comments: