Friday, October 22, 2010

training


I've been walking for close to 2 years now. Nothing competitive, just getting out most mornings and walking for about an hour. A few weeks ago my dear friend, Mindy, ran the Nike 1/2 marathon in San Francisco in honor of her mother who is a survivor of Cancer. That got me thinking - could I WALK a 1/2 marathon? I'm just too tall and gangly, knees not up to it person to run. But walking - that I can do! So I told Mike to sign me up and I was going to do it!

Starting Sunday I officially start my 12 week long training for the P.F. Chang's Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in Phoenix, Arizona on January 16th. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Amanda Tippy said...

If you get free ANYTHING from P.F. Chang's I might join you. You are awesome - and we miss you guys. (amanda tippy)