Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Night With the Girls


Last night I had a great time with the girls! We decided that we all needed a "hang out" night. The life of a missionary, at times, can be filled with jumping from one ministry to another. Hosting a person or a group in your home, prepping for the next activity. Often times thinking of chilling out is not in the agenda at all. Therefore, we decided enough was enough! So, we all got together - ordered pizza, ate junk food, had cake, and watched Pride and Prejudice. My friend Julie has a DVD projector - so we sat on my couch and watched it on my wall - just like in the movies - just missing the popcorn! It was GREAT! Something I hope we can replicate more often!

5 comments:

Ben said...

Our church has a nice projector, and I have to confess I've used it more than once (in conjunction with my laptop) for my own personal amusement.

The McClain's said...

Sounds fantastic!!! Glad you were able to do that! Love ya!

Brooke :)

Ellie said...

I'd love that right now... need a chance to eat too much junk food and watch unreality for awhile! Glad you made time for that.

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

That sounds like so much fun! I've been missing social time with friends...we should plan something like that here, only throw in a pedicure as well! LOL

Ellie said...

I don't know about the pedicure idea. I'm so ticklish, I'd likely give whoever touched my feet a black eye or two!