Sunday, January 13, 2008

Walking


Okay gang - I have a HUGE request. I need some accountability partners! I've been in Costa Rica for 4 months, and haven't done any exercise other than walking to and from school twice a day (there and back for me, and there and back again to get Madison after school). In my little mind, that equates to 2 miles a day. Why should I possibly need more? The answer is because I'm only walking a half mile each direction. Not really enough time for my heart rate to get up and to be sustained. So, although I thoroughly enjoy that time, I've realized I really need to do some EFFECTIVE exercise. If any of you know me well enough, you will also know that I DETEST running. Between a broken ankle (surgery, two pins) and a ripped tendon (cast for 6 weeks) on the same ankle, and spending 3 years in the Army of MANDATORY running, I've pretty much put running off of my agenda for...say...the rest of my life! The gyms here are not very convenient and I have to pay for them...so...walking it is. Madison has signed up for track and field, and is VERY excited about being able to walk with me. So far we've only gone twice, 2 miles each time (Sunday is our day off), but we both enjoyed it thoroughly! So - if you would just check up on me once in awhile and see how I am doing, I would greatly appreciate it!

3 comments:

J Stu said...

P.T. all day long...

The McClain's said...

I'll walk with you any day you want, Sister. I used to have a great routine...but haven't done anything since Thanksgiving! So...let me know if you'd like to go after school one or two days... :)

Lindsey said...

Good news- Lucy and I LOVE to walk so we will keep you accountable and come along for the ride. Can't wait!