Saturday, February 27, 2010

And so I wonder

So I sit here, once again, in my living room as I listen to the reports of another earthquake - this time in Chile. Tsunami warnings for over half the globe including Honduras. Gratefully the earthquake hit in a center that has good earthquake buildings and modern medicine. However...as I looked at the pictures of Chile that are flooding in I can't help but reflect back on my time in Haiti. Tears came to my eyes as I saw all to familiar pictures of crushed cars, people crying for the loss of a loved one. And I wonder. God is calling to us. Calling to us in His majesty. Calling to us to come to Him. He is the ONLY hope - the ONLY way - the ONLY salvation! So I pray for those in Haiti. I pray for those with sorrow in my heart for what they are still going through. I pray for those in Chile who have lost loved ones and I know that God is calling out. Calling to His people. Calling out to those who aren't His. Come to Him. Seek His face and He is yours! He loves you - all you need to do is love Him back and seek the embrace that is reaching out to you! Come, Lord Jesus...Come!!!

Even as I wrote this my dear friend Mindy sent this to me via e-mail:


Psalm 22:24
For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one (Haiti); he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help. (He is going to care for His children)*

Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me (you) see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again (new normal cause you will never be the "same"); from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

I love my dear friend - she ever reaches out to me when I am troubled, and am humbled by those who care to listen to this broken vessel of God. He calls...I answer...His Saints lift me up. Praise God! 'Nuff said!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I went to your blog after hearing the news from Chile. I knew you'd have words. Thanks for sharing your heart. And your friend's verses are perfect. Praise God. May He receive great glory amidst the horrible devastation. Thank you for your service.