Monday, May 12, 2008

Tutoring


Tutoring starts this week, and one thing I've decided to do is improve my reading skills. Often times I understand the literal translation of something written, but not the significance. Make sense? So, to help this, I've purchased a Spanish primer, and two books by Roald Dahl (think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and James and the Giant Peach). I can read and then discuss them with my tutor making sure I understand the significance. I really look forward to this type of learning. Also, we will review the things I've learned over the last 8 months and fix the mess in my head :-).

Madison started back to school today, with all new teachers. Her teacher left to do other ministry work, and she will be having temporary teachers until the end of school. She has 5 1/2 weeks left. The week after she finishes school we will be headed to Honduras. So - the short timers calendar has begun!

No comments: