Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'm back

Well - we ALL are back :- ) Back from a whirlwind trip to the States. Our visas are "almost done" - although they have been that way for about 6 months now, we are praying that we won't need to leave country again until our scheduled time. We have to leave every 3 months to renew our visas, and thinking things were okay, we didn't really have plans. However, circumstances arose, and we had to get out of dodge - so in typical Pettengill style - we took off to Washington D.C., next day to Baltimore, next day to Philadelphia (saw a Phillies game), a full day of shopping, then returned today! Whew! I did manage to eat my way through the States! People always ask me what I miss - I of course miss my friends and family; movie releases in theaters, live theater, book stores, etc. but one of the things that we all miss, all the time - are the familiar tastes of The States :-) Hence, we made a daily run to Starbucks (good timing - pumpkin spice lattes are out), buttermilk pancakes at IHOP, burrito supreme at Taco Bell, roast beef sandwich at Arbys, 8oz steak at Chilis, sushi, peanut butter M&M's, Cheeze It's, etc. It was fantastic! And because all of the walking we did, I didn't manage to put no a single pound! Woohoo! Anyway - back to blogging, ministry, and reality :-) Glad to be home.

No comments: