Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where In The World Am I?


From April 18th to the 26th I am in Guanajuato, Mexico attending MTW’s Advanced Medical Leadership Training. Through lectures and workshops this training seeks to prepare medical workers to serve in the developing world. Topics include HIV, malaria, organizing a medical clinic, medical ministry and the church, team leadership and more.

There are three dedicated days of clinical workshops - one in urban settings, one in rural settings and one on community development.

Medical professionals and fulltime missionaries attend this training. These eight days are designed specifically for people in my condition – providing medical assistance in third world conditions with little financial resources. I will be able to take this information back to Honduras and apply it directly to our work. In addition, while I am here, I will be leading a lecture on our work in La Ceiba.

No comments: