Friday, November 18, 2011

Sorrow

Jesus wept.  Two of the most profound words in the bible.  The least verse in the bible, but inferior to none.  "Rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those that weep." (Romans 12:15).  God knew there would be much sorrow in the lives of His people.  He longs for us to cling to Him and through His Son understands the sorrow and so understands us.   We can be amazed and in awe of a creator who cares so much for His creation that he weeps along with us.  And I believe the choice of the words is no accident.  Wept, not cried.  The depth of the sorrow is expressed in the choice of the word.  Thank you God.  Thank you for loving me, caring for me, weeping with me.  You are my refuge and my strength.  And so tonight...I wept.  I wept great tears of grief and loss.  I mourn for the mother I will never see again.  My heart is heavy with the tears yet unshed.  I understand the sacrifice of being on the mission field and know that there will be times I am away from family.  This was the most difficult thing I've had to do.  I had the privilege of being able to spend some sweet time with my mother in her last days, if not her last hours.  I return to California to be with my dad and mourn together.  My small little family just got smaller, and this is a part that cannot be replaced.  I love you sweet mom...thank you for the life you gave to me, the memories that will forever remain with me....and so I weep...yet again.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm so sorry Erin. I'm praying for you, friend.
Numbers 6:24-26 The Lord bless you and keep you... and give you peace.
Much love

Nancy Wall said...

I weap with you. I am sorry for the loss of your mom and the resulting hole in your heart.

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

I am sorry to hear about your mother, Erin, and I will be praying for your family during these difficult days! May the God of peace be your comfort as you mourn your loss.

Cindy in California said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We only have one mother and it's always difficult to say "good-bye" to loved ones. I pray you will have safe travel and the time you spend with your dad will be a comforting balm to both of your breaking hearts.