Sunday, December 13, 2015

Selling your "life" - how can you help?! Amazon wish list

So...for the second time in our lives, we are  having to sell the entire contents of our house...

My beautiful table...entertainment center...pots, pans, etc. are being sold to accommodate our move to Africa.  We have two moves to make...the first from Honduras to the United States, and the second from The United States to Africa.  Because of this, putting together a freight was impossible.  So...we are leaving our house with naught but 8 duffel bags full of "stuff".  In addition, the voltage in Africa is 220, not 110, so all of our electronics, minus our computers are gone as well...

So we leave...with the clothing we will take, the few kitchen items, and not much more.  All my pots, pans, kitchenaid, etc. will have to be re-acquired when we get in country, or we simply can't make the move TWICE with all our "stuff".  The trip to the States, then again we have to pack our stuff to make the trek to Africa.  So off it goes...away goes all of my "life" I have acquired over the last 9 years of my life...a weird place to be.

But I must leave the United States and head to Africa with a few things that I don't already have - one of them is the initial medication to start a clinic in Africa....I'm working on that as we speak...the other is to acquire a few minimal items in the United States, and only pay for shipping once, from the United States to Africa.

So...if you are feeling led to help make this happen...here are a few things to give you an idea of what I may be able to bring with me to Africa.  Keep in mind - I am taking NOTHING but a small box of medical things, and nothing more.  After 10 years of acquiring things for the medical needs here in Honduras, I take nothing with me, and will need to start 100% all over again in Africa!  So - here are some ideas for you....

I am putting down the address of our sweet daughter to ship things to at her college - she will be meeting up with us during Spring Break, and we can get the things from her before our departure to Africa...so...if you feel so inclined...either personal or ministry items...here are two links...

The first are things I will need to start a clinic all over again...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1WVFPLRVIGFAR/ref=cm_wl_list_o_0?

the second is personal items I'm trying to acquire before I leave...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/PEFYO0R9KXPT/ref=topnav_lists_2

No comments: