Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Memorization



Psalm 119:9-16

How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.

This has been a goal for me from the beginning of Kids Club.  To have kids hide God's word in their heart and to learn the basics of Christianity.  Therefore, we've been studying catechism questions, and bible verses to go along with them.   On top of that, I've wanted the kids to memorize the books of the bible.  We started a short time ago, and already have over 20 kids say all the books of the Old Testament.  When they have memorized the order of all 66 books of the bible, I give them a bible.  A few kids have taken this to heart, took home their study sheets, and are actively memorizing them at home - having their parents quiz them. 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very inspiring,they overcome me by memorizing the books of the bible. Very good kids! To God be all the glory!

Bible Teaching Church in Mississauga